New handbook for standardized measurement of plant functional traits worldwide (via DiverSus – mainly ecology)
Soluble carbohydrates (SEE also WSC under drought)
Hormone Analysis – problems and solutions
- Relations to Stress
- imaging fluorescence
- integration with thermography.
- PhotosynQ – a light portable leaf measurement system
- An example of application (crop plant).
- An example of application (Arabidopsis).
- Check this site for instruments.
Proline analysis – The still popular fast method by Bates et al. (1973) – and more
SPECTRAL CANOPY SIGNATURES AND REMOTE SENSING FOR ASSESSING CROP STRESS AND PRODUCTIVITY:
- Leaf canopy temperature and its measurement with the infrared thermometer in the field
- Relations to water indices in soil and plant
- Relations to yield
- Equipment examples: GreenSeeker ; Yara-N Sensor
- NDVI measurement – a practical example from CIMMYT
- Spectral reflectance for phenotyping “stay-green” (“non senescence”).
- Thermal imaging (heat sensing camera) for identifying plant response to drought stress
- Thermal and spectral imaging of plant stress
- “FLIR-one” – A thermal imaging attachment for your smart phone (not yet verified for plant work)
Plant Image Analysis – a collection of software
Wheat Physiological Breeding II: A Field Guide to Wheat Phenotyping. (CIMMYT publication) (Large pdf file).
Various Plant Biology Protocols (links on this site)
To appreciate modern advanced instrumentation – See how leaf gas exchange was measured in the field in 1970’s
Using pots in plant research – not so simple
- The pot experiment – How to avoid common pitfalls.
- The Art of Growing Plants for Experimental Purpose
- Managing pot water status – a critique
- Applying experimental ‘drought’ to pots – the interpretation of results